Welcome to the Technology Department
The Technology Department supports staff and students in providing fast, friendly, technical service for all of Romeo Community Schools. Our purpose is to supply support and training necessary to promote a technology-rich approach to teaching and learning. We strive to provide the leadership and planning necessary to enable our students to experience personalized learning in a flexible, interactive educational environment. The staff members of the Technology Department are constantly working to stay current with rapidly changing technology in every school and department. We work in conjunction with other district departments and are responsible for all technology integration.
Technology Department Staff
Romeo Middle School
11091 West 32 Mile Road
Romeo, MI 48065
Phone (586) 281-1263
Links and Resources for Parents
Reduced Internet Programs
PowerSchool Parent Portal
Parent / Guardian / Student Responsibility
Parents / Guardians are financially responsible for accidental or purposeful damage to or the loss of the Device, as well as for any costs incurred due to student's use or misuse of the Device.
* If the District Issued Device is damaged the fine assessed to the Parent / Guardian will be as follows:
1st incident - $25
2nd incident - $50
3rd incident - Full cost of repair
* If a Device is lost / stolen / intentionally damaged, the fine assessed to the Parent / Guardian will be: - $200
* If your student transfers out of Romeo Community Schools the device must be returned with all issued accessories, cover / case, charging cord. If not returned in a timely fashion, the Device and accessories may be considered stolen and result in legal action, or be required to pay $200 for replacement costs.
* Paying assessed fines
There are several ways to make payments:
- Pay online with SchoolPay
- Send cash to school with your student;
- Send a check, made out to Romeo Community Schools, to school with your student
Links and Resources for Staff
Chromebook Long-Term Storage
Putting your Chromebook into long-term storage
Doing this will help to preserve battery life, and will prevent you from having battery issues at the beginning of school next year.
Following are instructions : How to put your Chromebook into long-term storage: :
Update to the latest version of the Chrome OS and charge your Chromebooks so that the battery is at least 80% full.
This ensures that even when the battery discharges while unplugged over the summer, it won't fully run out of power.
Connect the device to a charger and turn it on.
Hold Refresh (swirl button) and Power button at the same time.
While holding these keys, remove the power cable from device and then release the keys. The device should shut down and remain off.
Attempt to power the unit on by using the power button. If the unit does not power on, you have completed the steps and can safely store the system. If the unit powers on, you should repeat steps 2 thru 4.