****ONLINE ENROLLMENT CAN STILL BE COMPLETED WITH EXCEPTION OF IN-PERSON APPOINTMENTS. PLEASE CONTINUE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR ENROLLMENT UPDATES****
Enroll Your Future Bulldog!!
ENROLLMENT FOR THE 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR IS NOW OPEN!!
Thank you for choosing Romeo Community Schools! Enrolling your child has never been easier, just follow the steps below to begin the process. Students residing within the geographic boundaries of Romeo Community Schools may enroll at any time. If you live outside RCS boundaries, please check the information below to apply for our Schools of Choice program. If you encounter any problems or have questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Enrollment Center at (586) 281-1404 or by emailing email@example.com
Steps to Enroll Your Child
ENROLLMENT FOR THE 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR IS NOW OPEN!!
If you are enrolling your child(ren) for Kindergarten through 12th grade, please follow the directions below.
Complete the online registration process using Enrollment Gateway.
Follow the instructions at the end of online enrollment for making an appointment at the Enrollment Center located at 316 N. Main Street, Romeo.
Bring the required documents at the time of your enrollment appointment. See below for a list of the documents you will need to produce at the time of your appointment.
Steps to Enroll Your Child for Young Fives
HOW DO I ENROLL MY CHILD FOR YOUNG FIVES?
If your child will turn 5 years of age between September 1st and December 1st of this year, you may begin the online enrollment process on or after February 4, 2020.
If your child will turn 5 years of age before September 1st of this year or if you are uncertain as to whether or not Young Fives is right for your child, please sign up for a Young Fives Screener in February. You may begin the online enrollment process on or after February 4, 2020.
- Complete the online enrollment process using Enrollment Gateway choosing Kindergarten as the enrolling grade.
- Follow the instructions at the end of online enrollment for making an appointment at the Enrollment Center located at 316 N. Main Street, Romeo.
- Be sure to check "Yes" to receive a reminder email and enter an additional note indicating that you are enrolling for Young Fives.
- Bring the required documents at the time of your appointment. See below for a list of the documents you will need to produce at the time of your appointment.
Documents Required for Enrollment
Enrollment is not complete until all documentation listed below has been submitted. You may choose to complete the required documents ahead of time or Enrollment Center staff can provide you with a copy at your appointment. Only a parent or legal guardian may enroll a student into school.
- Original birth certificate (with official raised seal)
- Immunization status (up-to-date immunization record) or Immunization Waiver (must be through the county)
- Proof of residency (one document from each category below)
- Category A: mortgage statement that provides property description; current utility bill (gas, water, electric); lease agreement that is current and must indicate the term of the lease, the address of the lease property, the name of the property owner, the name of the lessee, and a listing of tenants.
- SHUT OFF notices will not be accepted.
- Category B: parent or guardian's valid driver's license with current address, or parent or guardian's valid state identification card with current address.
- Residency Affidavit
- Additional information if applicable: Notarized Residential Affidavit if living with relatives for a suitable home; custody papers (copy of the court order or custody agreement is required to be provided if the parents are separated or divorced and the enrolling parent is relying on the order or agreement as the basis for enrolling the child)
- Records request form (to authorize request for documents from former school district)
- Copy of most recent special education IEP and/or 504 Plan required for services (if applicable)
- Other documents
- Most recent transcript for Grades 9-12
- Most recent report card for Grades K-8
- Previous 2 years discipline record for Grades 6-12
- Please read the technology handbook,Technology Handbook, print and sign the Technology Usage Agreement
- Student medical information forms Student Medical Information Forms
- Young Fives and Kindergarten only: hearing and vision hearing and vision screening
- High school only: 2019-2020 MHSAA Transfer Form
Schools of Choice Information
2020-2021 SCHOOLS OF CHOICE APPLICATION PERIOD:
MONDAY, MARCH 2, 2020 - FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, 2020
Schools of Choice applications will be available beginning Monday, March 2, 2020 at 8:00am and will be collected until 4:00pm on Friday, September 11, 2020.
Please refer to the Guidelines and Procedures to review the documents that are required to accompany the application. Young Fives and Kindergarten applicants do not need to provide report cards or discipline records.
The Board of Education has voted to continue the moratorium on intra-district transfers between elementary schools.
***INTRA-DISTRICT (K-5) SCHOOLS OF CHOICE COVID-19 APPEAL REQUESTS
The RCS Board of Education passed a resolution at the 6/8/2020 meeting that allows parents to appeal the moratorium on Intra-District Schools of Choice transfers due to circumstances as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. This appeal window is only open from 6/15/2020 to 8/14/2020. See the application and guidelines below.
Student Change of Address Information
Did you move? If so, please complete the form below and return to the Enrollment Center along with your updated driver's license and a current utility bill (DTE, Semco, City Water bill) or mortgage/lease statement showing your name and address. Once these documents are received we will change your student(s) address in PowerSchool.
Information for Kindergarten Students
Children who will be five years old on or before September 1st of the current year and live within the Romeo Community Schools boundaries are eligible to attend kindergarten. Children who will turn five between September 1 and December 1 may enroll in kindergarten if parents complete a waiver. All children must be enrolled for school by their sixth birthday.