Enrollment for the 2022-23 school year will not be available until early Spring 2022. Please check back as dates will be posted as they become available.
Questions about Young Fives and/or Kindergarten? See the flyers below for detail about our upcoming Virtual Information Nights!!!
Enrollment for the 2021-22 school year continues. Please complete the online portion and continue to check your email, including junk/spam, for further details and appointment reminders.
Thank you for choosing Romeo Community Schools! Enrolling your child has never been easier, just follow the steps below to begin the process. Students residing within the geographic boundaries of Romeo Community Schools may enroll at any time. If you live outside RCS boundaries, please check the Schools of Choice information below. If you encounter any problems or have questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Enrollment Center at (586) 281-1404 or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Steps to Enroll Your Child
ENROLLMENT FOR THE 2021-22 SCHOOL YEAR!!
If you are enrolling your child(ren) for Kindergarten through 12th grade, please follow the directions below.
Complete the online enrollment process including making an appointment at the Enrollment Center located at 316 N. Main Street, Romeo.
Continue to check your email, including junk/spam, as appointment and enrollment information will be emailed to you.
Bring the required documents at the time of your enrollment appointment. See below for a list of the documents you will need to produce at the time of your appointment.
Online enrollment link: Enrollment Gateway
Documents Required for Enrollment
Enrollment is not complete until all documentation listed below has been submitted during the required appointment.
Only a parent or legal guardian may enroll a student into school.
- Original birth certificate (with official raised seal)
- Immunization status (up-to-date immunization record) or Immunization Waiver (must be through the county)
- Proof of residency (one document from each category below)
- Category A: mortgage statement that provides property description; current utility bill (gas, water, electric); lease agreement that is current and must indicate the term of the lease, the address of the lease property, the name of the property owner, the name of the lessee, and a listing of tenants.
- SHUT OFF notices will not be accepted.
- Category B: parent or guardian's valid driver's license with current address, or parent or guardian's valid state identification card with current address.
- Additional information if applicable: 2021 Notarized Residential Affidavit if living with relatives for a suitable home; custody papers (copy of the court order or custody agreement is required to be provided if the parents are separated or divorced and the enrolling parent is relying on the order or agreement as the basis for enrolling the student)
- Records request form (to authorize request for documents from former school district)
- Copy of most recent special education IEP and/or 504 Plan required for services (if applicable)
- Other documents
- Most recent transcript for Grades 9-12
- Most recent report card for Grades K-8
- Previous 2 years discipline record for Grades 6-12
- Please read the technology handbook,Technology Handbook, print and sign the Technology Usage Agreement
- Student medical information forms Student Medical Information Forms
- Young Fives and Kindergarten only: hearing and vision hearing and vision screening
- High school only: 2021-22 MHSAA Transfer Form
Schools of Choice Information
The application period for Schools of Choice for the 2021-22 school year is closed. Check back in early Spring 2022 for the 2022-23 school year.
Student Change of Address Information
Did you move? If so, please complete the form below and return to the Enrollment Center, via email, fax or in-person, along with your updated driver's license and a current utility bill (DTE, Semco, City Water bill) or mortgage/lease statement showing your name and address. Once these documents are received we will change your student(s) address in PowerSchool and alert the bus garage (if needed).
Information for Kindergarten Students
Children who will be five years old on or before September 1st of the current year and live within the Romeo Community Schools boundaries are eligible to attend kindergarten. Children who will turn five between September 1 and December 1 may enroll in kindergarten if parents complete a waiver. All children must be enrolled for school by their sixth birthday.