Welcome to Romeo Community Schools!
Enrolling your child has never been easier, just follow the Enroll Today! link to begin the process.
Enrollment for the 2023-24 school year will begin on or near the first week of March 2023.
Students residing within the geographic boundaries of Romeo Community Schools may enroll at any time. If you live outside RCS boundaries, please check the Schools of Choice information below. If you encounter any problems or have questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Enrollment Center at (586) 281-1404 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Steps to Enroll Your Child (Grades K-12)
ENROLLMENT FOR CURRENT SCHOOL YEAR!
If you are enrolling your child(ren) for Kindergarten through 12th grade, please follow the directions below.
Complete the online enrollment process including making an appointment at the Enrollment Center located at 316 N. Main Street, Romeo.
Continue to check your email, including junk/spam, as appointment and enrollment information will be emailed to you.
Bring the required documents at the time of your enrollment appointment. See below for a list of the documents you will need to produce at the time of your appointment.
Online enrollment link: Enrollment Gateway
Documents Required for Enrollment
Enrollment is not complete until all documentation listed below has been submitted during the required appointment.
Only a parent or legal guardian may enroll a student into school.
- Original birth certificate (with official raised seal)
- Immunization Status (up-to-date immunization record) or Immunization Waiver (must be through the County)
- Proof of residency (one document from each category below)
- Category A: mortgage statement that provides property description; current utility bill (gas, water, electric); lease agreement that is current and must indicate the term of the lease, the address of the lease property, the name of the property owner, the name of the lessee, and a listing of tenants. SHUT OFF notices will not be accepted.
- Category B: parent or guardian's valid driver's license with current address, or parent or guardian's valid state identification card with current address.
- Copy of most recent special education IEP and/or 504
- Most recent transcript for Grades 9-12
- Most recent report card for Grades K-8
- Additional information if applicable: 2021 Notarized Residential Affidavit if living with relatives for a suitable home; custody papers (copy of the court order or custody agreement is required to be provided if the parents are separated or divorced and the enrolling parent is relying on the order or agreement as the basis for enrolling the student) Document must be signed, by both parties, in front of a notary.
- Young Fives and Kindergarten only: hearing and vision hearing and vision screening
- High school only: 2022-23 MHSAA Transfer Form
Schools of Choice Information
Schools of Choice for the 2022-23 school year is now closed.
Check back in Spring 2023 for information on Schools of Choice for the 2023-24 school year.
Student Change of Address Information
Did you move? If so, please complete the form below and return to the Enrollment Center, via email, fax or in-person, along with your updated driver's license and a current utility bill (DTE, Semco, City Water bill) or mortgage/lease statement showing your name and address. Once these documents are received we will change your student(s) address in PowerSchool and alert the bus garage (if needed).
Please note that it will take up to 3-5 days for a student to be placed on a bus after an address is changed in PowerSchool. The Transportation Department will reach out with bus details and a date the student may begin riding the new bus.
Information for Kindergarten Students
Children who will be five years old on or before September 1st of the current year and live within the Romeo Community Schools boundaries are eligible to attend kindergarten. Children who will turn five between September 1 and December 1 may enroll in kindergarten if parents complete a waiver. All children must be enrolled in school by their sixth birthday.