Enrollment for the 2021-22 school year is available. Please complete the online portion and continue to check your email for further details.
Thank you for choosing Romeo Community Schools! Enrolling your child has never been easier, just follow the steps below to begin the process. Students residing within the geographic boundaries of Romeo Community Schools may enroll at any time. If you live outside RCS boundaries, please check the Schools of Choice information below. If you encounter any problems or have questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Enrollment Center at (586) 281-1404 or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Steps to Enroll Your Child
ENROLLMENT FOR THE 2021-22 SCHOOL YEAR!!
If you are enrolling your child(ren) for Kindergarten through 12th grade, please follow the directions below.
Complete the online registration process using Enrollment Gateway.
Follow the instructions at the end of online enrollment for making an appointment at the Enrollment Center located at 316 N. Main Street, Romeo.
Continue to check your email as appointment and enrollment information will be emailed to you.
Bring the required documents at the time of your enrollment appointment. See below for a list of the documents you will need to produce at the time of your appointment.
Steps to Enroll Your Child for Young Fives
HOW DO I ENROLL MY CHILD FOR YOUNG FIVES?
If your child will turn 5 years of age between September 1st and December 1st of this year, you may begin the online enrollment process at this time.
If your child will turn 5 years of age before September 1st of this year or if you are uncertain as to whether or not Young Fives is right for your child, please sign up for a Young Fives Screener in March or April. Please be aware that enrollment into Romeo Community Schools does not guarantee placement in Young Fives.
- Please complete the required Young Fives Interest Form using the following link. https://forms.gle/Fk9Q65cWoanB5ayE7
- Complete the online enrollment process using Enrollment Gateway choosing Kindergarten as the enrolling grade.
- Follow the instructions at the end of online enrollment for making an appointment at the Enrollment Center located at 316 N. Main Street, Romeo.
- Be sure to check "Yes" to receive a reminder email and enter an additional note indicating that you would like your child to be considered for placement in Young Fives.
- Continue to check your email for more information about appointments/enrollment.
- Bring the required documents at the time of your appointment. See below for a list of the documents you will need to produce at the time of your appointment.
Documents Required for Enrollment
Enrollment is not complete until all documentation listed below has been submitted. You may choose to complete the required documents ahead of time or Enrollment Center staff can provide you with a copy at your appointment. Only a parent or legal guardian may enroll a student into school.
- Original birth certificate (with official raised seal)
- Immunization status (up-to-date immunization record) or Immunization Waiver (must be through the county)
- Proof of residency (one document from each category below)
- Category A: mortgage statement that provides property description; current utility bill (gas, water, electric); lease agreement that is current and must indicate the term of the lease, the address of the lease property, the name of the property owner, the name of the lessee, and a listing of tenants.
- SHUT OFF notices will not be accepted.
- Category B: parent or guardian's valid driver's license with current address, or parent or guardian's valid state identification card with current address.
- Additional information if applicable: Notarized Residential Affidavit if living with relatives for a suitable home; custody papers (copy of the court order or custody agreement is required to be provided if the parents are separated or divorced and the enrolling parent is relying on the order or agreement as the basis for enrolling the child)
- Records request form (to authorize request for documents from former school district)
- Copy of most recent special education IEP and/or 504 Plan required for services (if applicable)
- Other documents
- Most recent transcript for Grades 9-12
- Most recent report card for Grades K-8
- Previous 2 years discipline record for Grades 6-12
- Please read the technology handbook,Technology Handbook, print and sign the Technology Usage Agreement
- Student medical information forms Student Medical Information Forms
- Young Fives and Kindergarten only: hearing and vision hearing and vision screening
- High school only: MHSAA 20-21 Athletics Transfer Form
Schools of Choice Information
2021-22 OUT OF DISTRICT SCHOOLS OF CHOICE APPLICATION PERIOD:
MONDAY, MARCH 1, 2021-AUGUST 27, 2021*
Schools of Choice applications will be available beginning Monday, March 1, 2021 at 8:00am and will be collected until 4:00pm on Friday, August 27, 2021*
Young Fives and Kindergarten applicants do not need to provide report cards or discipline records.
Currently enrolled students that will be in 12th grade for the 2021-22 school year and are moving out of district may be able to apply and attend for the purposes of completing their senior year. Please contact the Enrollment Center for more information.
*Application period close date based on pending 2021-22 school calendar.
2021-22 ELEMENTARY INTRA-DISTRICT TRANSFER REQUEST SCHOOLS OF CHOICE APPLICATION
INITIAL APPLICATION PERIOD: 8:00am MONDAY, MARCH 8, 2021 - 4:00pm FRIDAY, MAY 14, 2021**
ADDITIONAL APPLICATION PERIOD: 8:00am MONDAY, AUGUST 2, 2021 - 4:00pm FRIDAY, AUGUST 13, 2021**
Elementary intra-district Schools of Choice transfer request applications will be available during the above times on our website.
**The deadline for application must be met as there will be no exceptions.
Student Change of Address Information
Did you move? If so, please complete the form below and return to the Enrollment Center along with your updated driver's license and a current utility bill (DTE, Semco, City Water bill) or mortgage/lease statement showing your name and address. Once these documents are received we will change your student(s) address in PowerSchool.
Information for Kindergarten Students
Children who will be five years old on or before September 1st of the current year and live within the Romeo Community Schools boundaries are eligible to attend kindergarten. Children who will turn five between September 1 and December 1 may enroll in kindergarten if parents complete a waiver. All children must be enrolled for school by their sixth birthday.