Washington Elementary Weekly News
Dear Washington Families,
Please check below for events and updates:
- Congratulations to the 2nd grade classes for winning the Candy Buy-Back challenge and earning an extra recess. Great job to all of our students who donated; your teeth thank you!
- Our next PTO Meeting is Tuesday, Nov 12th beginning at 6:30pm in the Media Center. Childcare is available.
- Picture retakes are the morning of Wednesday, Nov 13th. If your child is having a retake, please return their first picture packet on retake day.
- Achatz Pie pick-up is Wednesday, Nov 13th from 5:00pm-6:30pm. We are not able to hold pies for an alternate pick-up time.
- Friday, November 15th is a 1/2 day for elementary students. Dismissal is at 12:13pm.
- Cold temperatures are upon us. Please make sure your children are dressing appropriately for the weather. Remember once the snow hits and sticks, boots and snow pants are needed for students who want to play in the snow and/or on the fields.
- Lunch supervisors STILL needed! Please contact Ms Robbins at 586-731-5563 for more information, or apply on-line at Romeok12.org Full time or part-time, this is a fun way to earn a little extra money and hear the laughter of children.
- November Lunch Menu
- The can drive continues for our Eagle Scout Project to build benches for Washington's lobby. Thank you for helping!
- Mark your calendars: The PTO is sponsoring Kids Night Out at American Gymnastics on Sunday, November 24 from 5:00-7:00 pm. This is a drop off event! Kids will get a slice of pizza, lemonade and 2 hours of open gym for $10. Sign up slip and details attached here.
- Green Team Tip: Did you know 80% of dry cleaners in the U.S. use perchloroethylene, a solvent that has been linked to cancer, nervous system damage and hormonal disruption. Seek out a non-toxic professional dry cleaning alternative or "green cleaner" in your area.
- RHS SERVE students Be Kind Shirt Sales are open now.
- Looking for simple ways to participate at Washington? Like our Facebook Page – many fundraisers and upcoming events are posted on these sites! Join the PTO page at: https://www.facebook.com/Washington-Elementary-PTO-195958023862319/ and the Washington Elementary page at: https://www.facebook.com/washingtonelbulldogs/
- Washington Elementary and several local businesses will be sponsoring families for the holiday season. If you or anyone you know is in need, please contact Ms. Robbins @ Jessica.Robbins@romeok12.org
With Washington Pride,
Dana Hepner, Principal
58230 Van Dyke
Washington, MI 48094