Washington Elementary News
Dear Washington Families,
It is hard to believe we are closing up the last full week of school; the year has gone by so fast and I appreciate the warm welcome I received in my first year as principal at Washington. Life is best when we focus on continual growth, and I have learned so much this year! Thank you for trusting us with your children and for partnering with us each and every day. While we are all excited for summer, we are also already in the planning stages to welcome students back in September. Have a wonderful summer making memories!
Final report cards will be mailed home the week of June 17th, along with other information regarding the upcoming school year. Class placement letters for 2019-20 school year will be sent home to families in late August due to enrollment and staffing changes that occur over the summer. We recognize that this is a change to past practice. Class placement is an important process centered on decisions to best support the learning and growth of students. Our staff will work diligently to ensure your child is placed appropriately.
As we wrap up the final full week of school, please note the following:
- Monday, June 10th is a full day of school; Tuesday and Wednesday are half days with dismissal at 12:09pm on both days.
- Reminder to 5th grade parents: 5th Grade Recognition is on Monday, June 10th and begins at 2:00pm.
- Lunch on Monday will be popcorn chicken. Breakfast will be still be available for students on Tuesday and Wednesday, however lunch will not be served.
- The annual 5th grade clap-out will take place on Wednesday, June 12th at 12:03pm. 5th grade students will make one last lap as they head out to the buses (or cars) for their final Washington farewell.
- The Washington Elementary main office will be open until June 21st. All medication must be picked up by the time the office closes for the summer. Any medications left in the school office after June 21st will be disposed of by the district. We are not able to keep medications and administer them next year. Thank you.
- Talk about planning...our PTO is already on the move with their plans for the 2019 FunD Run. The FunD Run will be held on September 27th and we have already requested perfect weather. Please help make this event a success by seeking donations and sponsorship this summer. The letters here are all you need to get started! Thank you for supporting our children and school!
As always, it's a great day to be a Romeo Bulldog!
With Washington Pride,
Principal, Washington Elementary