Welcome Washington Parents
- Please remember to call the school attendance line at 586-281-2150 before 9:30am if your child will be absent. Please include your child’s first and last name, teacher name and reason for absence. The answering system is on 24 hours a day to receive these calls.
NOTES/CHANGE OF DISMISSAL
- Students leaving for early dismissal, or an alternate dismissal plan from their normal routine should bring in a note to notify the teacher, who will then forward the information to the office. It is very important to include your child’s last name and teacher name on all notes.
- If a child is riding home with another student in the school, both students need bring in a note with this information.
- Due to the busy end-of-school day in the office, please call us no later than 3:00pm with any changes to your child’s dismissal schedule.
TARDIES and ABSENCES
- A student is marked tardy if they are late from 8:59-9:29 AM in the morning and 1:00-1:30 PM in the afternoon.
- Students coming in after these times are marked absent for the AM or PM sessions.
- Students arriving after 8:59 a.m. must report to the office prior to going to class.
- If you pick your child up early and do not have them return after an appointment, they will also be marked absent for the AM/PM session if you pick them up before 11:32 in the morning or 3:25 in the afternoon.
- A student who is picked up one to 30 minutes prior to dismissal will be issued a tardy for that part of the day. A student who is picked up 31 or more minutes prior to dismissal will be marked absent for that part of the day.
District Technology Resources
Connecting to Wi-Fi
How to connect the student iPad to Wi-Fi outside of school.
Please follow these instructions so that district iPad apps will work properly at home.
DO NOT connect your cell phone to the Chromebook! This may cause battery failure.
PowerSchool Parent Portal Instructions
The Parent Portal gives parents the ability to view their children's grades, attendance, and other school information securely via the Internet.
If you do NOT give permission for your child’s work or photo to be published on the school website, please print and sign the form below and return it to the school.
Denial of Permission to Publish to RCS Website
Common Sense Media helps families make smart media choices.
Money can be deposited into your child’s lunch account at www.sendmoneytoschool.com. If you need your child’s ID number, please call the office. If you send money to school in an envelope with your child, please include your child’s first and last name, along with their teacher’s name. Checks should be written to RCS Food Service.
For more info, please click on Food Services
Washington adheres to State of Michigan school policy regarding the dispensation of medication. Any medication, whether sold over the counter or dispensed by a pharmacist, must be brought to the office by the parent/guardian. Students may NOT bring medication(s) to school.
A “Request for Administration of Prescribed Medication” form MUST be completed and signed by the attending physician and parent/guardian. This form is required for over the counter and prescription medicines.
If your child has asthma, severe allergies or diabetes, a management plan form MUST be filled out and given to the school office. All medication must be in the original container, clearly labeled with the student’s name, dosage, and doctor’s name/phone number.
Emergency Care Plan
Emergency Care Plan Spanish
Emergency Medication Plan - Food Allergy
Emergency Medication Plan - Insect Sting Allergy
Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Instruction Sheet
Request for Administration of Medication to Student
Request for Self-Possession Self-Administration of Medication
School Aged Child Care (SACC)
The SACC program is offered at Washington Elementary Monday-Friday from 6:00am-9:00am and from 4:00-6:00pm. Registration for SACC MUST take place through the Early Childhood Services.
You can download forms from the Early Childhood Services Department, and return them to Croswell. While registration is available all year, if you plan to use SACC the first week of school, registration must take place no later than August 29th. Please contact Jeanine Beck at 586-752-0314 for more details. Washington’s office and classroom teachers cannot accept SACC registration forms. Thank you!
Students may not be dropped off at school prior to 8:45am. Should your schedule need a drop off time prior to 8:45am, please be sure to register with SACC.
WASHINGTON SACC: 586-651-8350
School Supply List
This is a list of suggested school supplies for the beginning of the school year.
We Appreciate Your Help!
We need our volunteers at Washington and are grateful for the time you devote helping our students, staff and our building. Parent Volunteer Release forms are required for all parents who spend time helping in classrooms and in the building. Forms need to be filled out each year. Even if you just did one last school year, a new form is required for the 2018-19 school year.
We realize it can be a pain to redo the form each year. Please know our motivation is the safety of our students.
Thank you for your help and your time!
ATTENDANCE LINE: 586-281-2150
WASHINGTON SACC: 586-651-8350
Regular Day: 8:59 a.m. to 3:57 p.m.
- Arrival Bell: 8:54am
- Tardy Bell: 8:59am
- Dismissal Bell: 3:57pm
PLC Day: 8:59 a.m. to 2:40 p.m.
Half Day: 8:59 a.m. to 12:09 p.m.
58230 Van Dyke
Washington, MI 48094