Washington Elementary News
Hello Washington Families,
Today we hosted a "Come and Claim It" event for students, and they did quite well! There are still many items begging to go home. The main doors will be open on Monday, Feb 11th and Tuesday, Feb 12th from 4-7pm for parents to have a turn! Please note: parents will have access to Lost and Found items on Monday and Tuesday after our students have exited the building. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
This year marks the 10th year that Washington Elementary will partner with our neighbor the Washington Historical Museum for the George Washington Art Contest for grades 3-5. All art work is completed at school under the guidance of Mrs Cavaliere, and 27 pieces will be selected to be displayed at the museum. Please mark your calendars to celebrate George Washington's birthday, view the art work and enjoy the museum at no cost during an open house on Sunday, February 24th from from 1:00pm-4:00pm.
A tip from our Green Team: One of the most direct ways you can lessen the impact our lifestyles have on the environment can be done simply and quickly in our homes: use low-energy light bulbs, unplug chargers that are not in use, lower your thermostat when not home, and wash your clothes at cooler temperatures. Little changes lead to large benefits!
Please also note the following:
- Washington's spot in the Buffalo Wild Wings Spirit Bracket Competition is on Monday, Feb 11th. Share this flyer with everyone you know to help Washington Elementary raise some money and advance to Round 2!
- Lost and found will be on display for easy access on Monday, Feb 11th and Tuesday, Feb 12th from 4-7pm.
- Wednesday, Feb 13th is an PLC Day. Dismissal is at 2:40pm.
- No school Friday, Feb 15th thru Tuesday, Feb 19th due to Mid-Winter Break.
- Parents of children who will be starting Kindergarten in the fall are invited to join us for Kindergarten Information Night on March 13th at 6:30pm.
- Have a child who is ready for preschool? Preschool Registration Night Info.
Open House Info
- The snow day has postponed our Green team meeting until Wednesday February 13th at 8:15 am.
- Parks & Recreation still has space for our Afterschool Mad Science classes that begin next week! Please call Romeo-Washington-Bruce Parks & Recreation to register or pick up a flyer in the office
As always, it's a great day to be a Romeo Bulldog!
With Washington Pride,
Principal, Washington Elementary