Enroll Your Future Bulldog Today!
Thank you for choosing Romeo Community Schools! Enrolling your child has never been easier with our online registration. Just follow the steps below to begin the enrollment process. Students residing within the geographic boundaries of the Romeo Community Schools may enroll at any time. If you live outside RCS boundaries, please check the information below to apply for our Schools of Choice program. If you encounter any problems or have questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Enrollment Center at (586) 281-1404 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Steps to Register Your Child
Complete the online registration process using Registration Gateway.
Follow the instructions at the end of online registration for making an appointment at the Enrollment Center.
Bring the required documents at the time of your registration appointment to complete the enrollment process. See below for a list of the documents you will need to produce at the time of your registration appointment.
Enrollment Center staff will help you make an appointment to visit the school your child will be attending should you wish to tour the building and meet with a teacher, principal or counselor.
Documents Required for Registration
Registration is not complete until all documentation listed below has been submitted. When you meet with Enrollment Center staff to complete the registration process, you may choose to complete the required documents ahead of time or Enrollment Center staff can provide you with a copy at your appointment.
- Original birth certificate (with official raised seal)
- Immunization status (up-to-date immunization record) or Immunization Waiver (must be through the county)
- Proof of residency (at least one document from each category below)
- Category A: mortgage statement that provides property description; current utility bill (gas, water, electric); lease agreement that is current and must indicate the term of the lease, the address of the lease property, the name of the property owner, the name of the lessee, and a listing of tenants
- Category B: parent or guardian's valid driver's license with current address, or parent of guardian's valid state identification card with current address
- Residency Affidavit
- Additional information if applicable: Notarized Residential Affidavit Form if living with relatives for a suitable home; custody papers (copy of the court order or custody agreement is required to be provided if the parents are separated or divorced and the enrolling parent is relying on the order or agreement as the basis for enrolling the child
- Records request form (to authorize request for documents from former school district)
- Copy of most recent special education IEP and/or 504 Plan required for services (if applicable)
- Other documents
- Most recent transcript for Grades 9-12
- Most recent report card for Grades K-8
- Please read the technology handbook, print and sign the Technology Usage Agreement
- Student medical information forms Student Medical Information Forms
- Kindergarten only: health appraisal including hearing and vision screening
- High school only: MHSAA new student transfer information form
Schools of Choice Information
Applications are available online starting April 23, 2018 to September 5, 2018.
You may apply for Schools of Choice enrollment only during specific time periods. The Schools of Choice window to enroll students for the 2018-2019 school year is April 23, 2018, to September 5, 2018. Please see the Schools of Choice guidelines and procedures outlined in the documents below or contact the Enrollment Center at (586) 281-1404 or by email at email@example.com for additional information.
Information for Kindergarten Students
A child must be five years of age on or before September 1 to be eligible for Kindergarten. If your child turns five years of age after September 1, but not later than December 1, please complete the Kindergarten Waiver Request application. Your waiver must be approved prior to completing the online registration process.
Romeo Community School District Boundary Map
If there is anything you cannot read or access, please call 586-281-1263