Early College of Macomb
This is a program for highly motivated students to attend RHS and Macomb Community College during 11th and 12th grades, and then attend MCC their 13th year.
Interested students and families should plan on attending one of Early College's informational programs at MCC on December 6th at Center Campus or December 7th at South Campus. Information about the program, eligibility requirements, and the application process will be shared at these meetings.
Additional information about the Early College of Macomb program can be found on the Early College website. The application is online through the Early College website. The application window is open December 12, 2022-January 13, 2023.
International Academy of Macomb
The International Academy of Macomb (IAM) is a tuition-free public high school for students from participating Macomb County districts. The IAM provides a unique blend of rigorous academic standards and intercultural learning opportunities with the International Baccalaureate Middle Years and Diploma Programmes as the centerpiece of the curriculum. The benefits of attending the IAM include:
- A challenging and engaging curriculum that prepares students for university-level work.
- An impressive number of college credits awarded by many universities to IB Diploma recipients.
- A small school environment with a collegial atmosphere.
- An extended school year that begins mid-August and affords time to deepen student learning.
- A focus on international mindedness.
- A diverse student population.
- Dedicated, highly qualified teachers.
- Laptop computers for each student to foster technology-based learning on IAM's wireless campus and at home.
- A variety of clubs and activities to involve students.
- The ability to stay connected to the home district through continued participation in that district's sports, clubs, and activities.
- Transportation to the IAM provided from sites in or near consortium home districts on most school days.
Successful, college-bound students with a sincere desire for an academically challenging and international education should apply to the International Academy of Macomb if they meet the following criteria:
- Entering 9th grade in the fall. Transfer students must be in ninth or tenth grade. Transfer students are not accepted after the beginning of junior year unless they are transferring from an International Baccalaureate school.
- Have a strong academic record and work ethic.
- Have taken an Algebra I or higher math class prior to attending and pass the
- math and essay placement tests.
Students currently enrolled in a non-district school (i.e. private, charter, or home school) should contact their home district for more information and their IAM admission policies. Students must be registered in the residential home district to attend the IAM.